We help you to recover lost margins by apportioning liabilities in disputes
Thanks to our deep experience built over many years, we provide you services to address your issues with regards to project delays, project overspend, unachieved milestones, threat of liquidated damages and/or penalties.
MEET MAREEX, MEET EXPERIENCE
By signing with Mareex, you definitively sign with a forensic company having gained through decades of Contract Management and thanks to tens difficult cases settlements, an outstanding field experience
OUR MARGIN RECOVERY SERVICES
Margin recovery services consist of all or any of 4 activities
Our feasibility study consists of interviews with key involved people, review of contracts, and audit of the existing project documentation
The objective is to deliver an Audit report which identifies:
– SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats)
– Disruptive Event
– Claim Development Strategy
– Heads of Claims (HOCs) and Claims Matrix
– Restore Value Team (RVT), a joint collaboration between MAREEX consultants and project members
CLAIM STRATEGY IMPLEMENTATION
Our claim strategy implementation consists of project documentation collection, preparation of selected defensive and offensive claim files and Forensic Delay Analysis in partnership with the project team,
– Claim files include technical analysis, audit of project management and
audit of engineering development to determine the soundness of the claim
and to assess time, cost and performance impacts.
– Forensic Delay Analysis is based on project time schedules and fed by claim files events. It aims at apportioning responsibilities of the delays.
ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Following the contractual Dispute Resolution clauses, Mareex promotes Amicable Settlement through negotiation before escalation to formal legal proceedings.
– Definition of negotiation strategy with client, lawyers and quantum
experts – and preparation for negotiation
– Participation in negotiations as front-line negotiator, back office
support or observer
Mareex can also act as a mediator, adjudicator, conciliator and/or facilitator.
SUPPORT FOR COURT OR ARBITRATION PROCEEDINGS
Once court or arbitration proceedings are launched, Mareex offers support to clients and designated law firms:
– Strengthening of selected claim files
– Simplification of of technical and complex issues for presentation to
court and/or tribunal
– Working together with Witness of Fact & independent experts
– Coordination of experts
– Support lawyers to draft briefs concerning technical issues
– Review and respond to opposite party briefs
– Discovery and document production: review and identification of key
documents – ‘Redfern Schedule’ Procedure
– Appearing as an expert witness